Search Your Passion

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Elco

You haven't eaten Indian food if you haven't tried Elco. Luckily, I have the pleasure of being a two minute walk away from this mind-blowing pure-veg South Indian restaurant (set in Bandra West), and I'm very gracious that I have this privilege. The kind of food that you will find here is stuff like dosas (the best in Mumbai), pani puri (again-amazing), and several other kinds of delicious morsels that you will slowly discover as you begin to make Elco one of your regular stops (highly recommended). My favorite thing to get there is pav bhaji, which I would consider a ten out of ten OUTSTANDING meal. The perfect size (though I would definitely recommend getting at least one order of "extra bread"), and it won't stuff you yet will not leave you hungry. The buttery sauce made from the kitchen à la heaven, makes you rethink your past years as a desperate searcher for good Indian food - basically, it means all the years you wasted by settling for average and not going for the gold (or shall I say "platinum" in this case), and how by even reading this blog post you are spending precious time which could be taken up by devouring tasty chaat treats from Mumbai's finest. So get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment